I’m linking up with the awesome Bookish Beck to share my library usage for November! As you know, reading has been slow for me lately, but I returned to the library in November and have been enjoying the New Arrivals shelf! This is a great meme to join because it involves lists (who doesn’t love a list?) and not a ton of work! Plus, it encourages others to enjoy their public library. What could be better?
I’m late with publishing this one because I can’t figure out how to balance working/writing/childcare/house care/husband care/reading/knitting/sewing. Round and round it goes for me! So please forgive my tardiness.
Library Books Read
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson – loved it! It felt good to be reading a new Atkinson book! And it was a WWII novel, which are my favorites!
- His Majesty’s Hope by Susan Elia Macneal – my next read in the Maggie Hope series. This one is much darker than the first two. There are characters within the Resistance in Germany and the atrocities they are witnessing are heartbreaking. But WWII was heartbreaking so I’m soldiering on and really enjoying this one.
Waiting to be Read
- The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny – my next read in the Armand Gamache series.
- The Secret of the Irish Castle by Santa Montefiore – because the cover looked delicious.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – duh.
(aka – my “oops” list)
- The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig, and Karen White – I picked this up because I recognized the author names from the Book of the Month Club.
- Ghosted by Rosie Walsh – another that I recognized from The Book of the Month.
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver – I’ve seen a few other bloggers read this lately so was excited to pick it up! But sadly, I didn’t get to it.
- Witch Elm by Tana French – I haven’t really been enjoying the last few Tana French novels and am lukewarm on this one too. I loved the first two in the Dublin Murder Squad so much though, so I had to give this one a try! I made it about 120 pages and I just wasn’t enjoying it, so I put it aside.