I opened up this draft and immediately stood up. All of a sudden, my hair needed to be brushed. But I made myself sit back down. I have half an hour at the most to make myself write an update. The only time I think to brush my hair is when I’m too afraid to do something else. And I need to break the ice on this blog — once that’s done, it will be so much easier to jump back into the swing of things.
Fingers on the keyboard – how I’ve missed you! Dear fellow bloggers, how I’ve missed you!
Life has been full in all of the best ways. Wonderful times with my little family, incredible books, and the most intense puttering of my whole life. I’ve discovered that indeed, I am a putterer. I’ve learned a lot watching my neighbor over the last couple of years. She doesn’t move quickly when she’s out in her yard, but she doesn’t stop moving. That, my friend, is effective puttering. I aim to achieve.
What have I been doing? What have I been thinking? Ah, it’s too much for this post that is only meant to break the blogging ice. How about some bullet points? That will give me topics to easily return to in the coming weeks.
- Blazing trails and going on walks
- Picking apples and pumpkins
- Getting the summer garden cleaned up and put to bed
- Going to the library, solo and with a variety of children
- Cleaning the house
- Reorganizing and cozy-fying
- Spending Too Much Money on things that don’t matter
- Then not spending enough money on the things that matter
- Essential oil diffusing
- Finding the Perfect Apron
- Contemplating Homeschooling
- Reading everything I can possibly find on homeschooling
- Learning about Montessori methods
- Studying Charlotte Mason
- Absorbing Classical Education strategies
- Contemplating nature and how our society changed (thanks Wendell Berry)
- Watching the birds
And with that, my time is up this morning. This post isn’t “done,” but I must push publish or this will be stuck in my drafts folder forever!