I am determined to keep these Friday posts a source of joy and respite, no matter what’s going on in the world around us. I keep reminding myself that it’s okay to look for joy even with all of the pain in the world.
This week we took my Scrappy Crossroads quilt out of the chest and spread it under the maple tree for lounging, resting, and reading. The weather has been beautiful and perfect for long stretches of time outside after we finish our schoolwork and wait for Colton to get home. The sunshine has made a big difference in my week.
I have a friend who is in France right now. I’ve written her itinerary in my planner and have been following along vicariously. Today she is sailing to tour Monet’s Garden. I think I’m going to flip through my copy of Essential Monet and sigh deeply. On Wednesday I took a virtual tour of Versailles. I’ve had a lovely vacation without leaving home!
A few things I’m excited about right now:
- The first half of the new season of Stranger Things premiers on Netflix TODAY. You guys. I love this show! I’m putting aside all reading and prioritizing THIS in the evenings. Maybe I’ll knit and drink tea. Or maybe I’ll pour some scotch and sodas and pop some popcorn. Who knows?
- Claire Fuller just announced a new novel to be published in Spring 2023.
- I bought the foundation of next year’s homeschool plans yesterday – the third year of Torchlight. We’ve followed the Torchlight curriculum since we started our homeschooling journey and I love this program. It is intense and deep and allows for plenty of customization. I get so excited while planning a school year – the possibilities are endless.
- I’m also nearly finished planning our summer learning. It’s going to be a fun one! (I hope)
- I have a new YouTube obsession: Honeyjubu. She lives in Seoul and I am here for her aesthetic. This is what I want my house to look like and, well… I’ll just keep dreaming. 😉 And I’m amazed by how much cooking she does everyday. I’d be proud if I prepared a quarter of the food she does.
Okay, friends. Please share your own moments of joy in the comments – we could all use a little uplifting! I hope to be back on Monday with an update on my One Little Word for the year… wish me luck with that one! May we all have exactly the weekend we need, full of rest and respite. Take good care.